You can become a donor right now. Donate in your own name or in the name or precious memory of someone else. With the approval of the donor, the Foundation acknowledges the generosity of those who have given through donor appreciation boards located in the Chemainus Health Care Centre.
Here’s how to donate
1. Mail your donation to;
The Chemainus Health Care Foundation
2. Leave your donation at the Reception Desk at the Chemainus Health Care Centre (a receipt will be issued by the receptionist).
3. Make an In Memoriam Donation
An In memoriam donation is an extremely important source of funds for the Foundation. Please consider this as a way of supporting the community while honouring the memory of someone special.
4. Estates: Giving through bequests
Directing funds through your estate to the Chemainus Health Care Foundation in of support local health programs is an option chosen by many. It leaves a contribution of lasting benefit to the community.
5. Other options
Other ways to support a healthy community include such strategies as, naming the Foundation as a beneficiary in a life insurance policy, transferring qualifying securities, or establishing an Endowment Fund.
Click here for more information about these options
The funds you donate are directed to the area of most need or you can designate your donation to a specific area:
1. Community Health: Funds are distributed to all categories, as required.
2. Chemainus Health Care Centre (CHCC):Funds are spent only on the Health Care Centre. This includes Residential Care, Palliative Care, Urgent Care and Adult Day Care. Please specify.
3. Steeples:Funds are spent only on Steeples assisted living.
Click here to see how past donations have been used to improve health care in the community
Donations over $10.00 are eligible for a tax receipt. To receive a tax receipt, all donations must be made payable to: Chemainus Health Care Foundation. We are a registered charity.
Click here to confirm our status with Canada Revenue Agency.