You can become a donor right now. Donate in your own name or in the name or precious memory of someone else. With the approval of the donor, the Foundation acknowledges the generosity of those who have given through donor appreciation boards located in the Chemainus Health Care Centre.
Here’s how to donate:
1. Complete the donation form below and mail your donation to:
The Chemainus Health Care Foundation
2. Leave your donation at the Reception Desk at the Chemainus Health Care Centre, 9909 Esplanade St, Chemainus. The receptionist will give you a donation form to complete, or you can complete the form on this website and drop it off with your donation. An interim receipt will be issued by the receptionist and a tax receipt will be mailed to you by the Foundation.
The Chemainus Health Care Foundation is dedicated to Community Health, education in the field of Health Care, assisting with the acquisition of equipment to improve resident comfort and enhance the Health Care experience for those using the Health Care Centre. The funds you donate will be directed to the area of most need or you can designate your donation to a specific area:
1) Community Health: Funds are distributed to all categories, as required.
2) Chemainus Health Care Centre (CHCC): Funds are spent only on the Health Care Centre. This includes Residential Care, Palliative Care, Urgent Care and Adult Day Care. Please specify.
3) Steeples: Funds are spent only on Steeples assisted living.
Donations over $10.00 are eligible for a tax receipt. To receive a tax receipt, all donations must be made payable to: Chemainus Health Care Foundation. We are a registered charity.
Consider making other forms of donations:
An In memoriam donation is an extremely important source of funds for the Foundation. Please consider this as a way of supporting the community while honouring the memory of someone special. Simply complete the printable donation form above and complete the In Memoriam section of the form.
Estates: Giving through bequests
Directing funds through your estate to the Chemainus Health Care Foundation in of support local health programs is an option chosen by many. It leaves a contribution of lasting benefit to the community.
Other ways to support a healthy community include such strategies as, naming the Foundation as a beneficiary in a life insurance policy, transferring qualifying securities, or establishing an Endowment Fund.